A friend of mine recently bet me that the first thing people think of when they think of “Icy Hot” is old people. I tried to convince him that Icy Hot didn’t necessarily have a connotation with old people and a much more widespread connotation is sports or athletics. I asked him how many people, out of 100, did he think would say old people. He said 30-40.
I lowered that number, betting him that no more than 20 people would say old people. I also said that my guess for the most popular answer would be “pain.”
Here’s the chart detailing the results:
Here are some random observations I have about the results:
- 100 people were surveyed, so each percent represents the number of people who voted for a specific topic.
- I was generous with my interpretation for “old people,” filing the following responses there: old ladies, my grandparents, and grandpa’s kisses.
- I didn’t expect the answers to be so varied.
- The “other products” category included responses like Ben Gay, Biofreeze, and bandages.
- The miscellaneous category contains any answer that only got a single vote. I’ll list my favorite single vote answers below.
- My favorite common answers were Shaquille O’Neil, the smell, and tingling or burning genitalia.
- my boyfriend
- ice cubes and flames
- sex with minors
- Angelina Jolie
- Jesse’s email must have been hacked, otherwise why is he sending me surveys